Alluring and seductive, this palette offers an intriguing blend of colors and materials. Moodier than the nature-inspired earth tones of the past, this palette glows with dusky browns, Champagne golds, sun-kissed caramels, and gleaming coppers. These lustrous hues translate across all elements, including opaque surfaces and translucent materials, resulting in a smoky, sultry effect.
A Traditional Take on the Smoky Bathroom
Not willing to settle for a single metallic finish, designers are combining a host of lustrous hues into one cohesive room scheme. Here, dusky paint, textured wall surfaces, and tile combine with gleaming faucets and light fixtures to create a shimmering spa-like escape.
Tips for a Traditional Smoky Bath
- When mixing metal finishes, stick with warm tones like brushed bronze and keep the style classic.
- Consider marble floors with metallic hues mixed in to bring a demure color palette of deep browns, sandy hues and dusky grays to vivid life.
- Add personal touches like framed antique portraits for a formal, furnished look.
Love this look? Explore our Gold Leaf Bathroom moodboard.
Forté multifunction handshower / Margaux bath spout / Margaux valve trim / Margaux showerhead / Margaux toilet tissue holder / Margaux widespread sink faucet / Choreograph Cord wall panel /Margaux towel ring / Kathryn pedestal sink / Margaux sconce / Kathryn toilet / Underscore bath
A Transitional Twist on the Smoky Bathroom
Smoky glass is making its way into homes of all styles, bringing with it a sense of warmth and mystery. Whether it shows up in floor-to-ceiling glass panels, pendant lighting, or a uniquely faceted bathroom sink, these sultry tones are suitable for spaces that blend the best of classic and modern elements.
Tips for a Transitional Smoky Bath
- Blending textures and materials like clear glass and matte wood adds depth to a space.
- A toilet in a color that’s similar to the wall shade helps this fixture blend in and nearly become invisible.
- Add a bit of artistry, via ornamentation on mirrors and accessories, to add interest to a single-color wall section.
Love this look? Explore our Smoky Travertine Bathroom moodboard.
Clean and Contemporary Smoky Bathroom
Sumptuous walls of smoky glass play a dramatic role in this technologically advanced master suite. This sexy modern bathroom highlights rich amber hues, starring a highly textured, bourbon-hued sink that brings depth, drama and fine craftsmanship to the space.
Tips for a Contemporary Smoky Bath
- Keep the look sleek with faucets that favor strong, sculptural lines over ornamental details.
- Take advantage of new bathroom technology, like a smart toilet with an integrated bidet and a digitally controlled shower with personalized settings.
- If you have space, add a soaking tub for the ultimate in relaxation.
Love this look? Explore our Penthouse Patina Bathroom moodboard.
Loure floor-mount bath filler trim with handshower / Escale freestanding bath / Shift square multifunction handshower / WaterTile square 22-nozzle body spray / Loure showerhead / Loure widespread sink faucet / Carillon sink with Derring design / Solid/Expressions 61" vanity top / Jacquard 60" vanity / Benjamin Moore Navajo White paint / ANN SACKS Pearl field tile / Verdera 15" medicine cabinet / Karing toilet with remote / Loure toilet tissue holder /