White brings life into focus, elevating both design elements and ingredients. Serious chefs and home cooks alike favor this palette because it removes distractions and lets them focus on the task at hand. Not to mention that white's versatility makes it a go-to look whether you favor traditional or streamlined, modern style.
A Traditional Take on the White Kitchen
Whether you're outfitting an urban loft or just yearn for a kitchen that captures the style, you'll do well to mix vintage and industrial forms and include products with turbo-charged function under their nostalgic good looks. Indispensable kitchen partners include a generously sized farmhouse sink with tactile texture, handsome vintage-inspired faucets with spray options and a convenient pot-filler at the stove top.
Tips for a Traditional White Kitchen
- Bring out the industrial flavor of a converted warehouse with commercial-style metal counter stools and a classic schoolhouse clock.
- Add subtle interest to an all-white kitchen with texture, like the horizontal ridges in a traditional farmhouse sink.
- Bring traditional style out front via stainless steel faucets with vintage details. They're both modern and traditional at once.
Love this trend? Explore the Williamsburg Warehouse Kitchen moodboard.
Clean and Contemporary White Kitchen
The possibilities for a white color palette are almost endless. You can create a warmer contemporary look by borrowing elements from different styles. Iconic appliances, subway tile, and faucets with vintage design details look completely fashion-forward when paired with sinks in a deep, contrasting color and mid-mod lighting.
Tips for a Clean and Contemporary White Kitchen
- Create focal points and designate work zones with contrasting color, as in the main and prep sinks.
- Choosing finishes in the same metallic color family keeps contemporary style simple and streamlined.
- Bring warmth and softness to an all-white palette with a warmer shade on the floor.
Love this trend? Explore our Artisan White Kitchen moodboard.
Looking for the perfect culinary complement to this trend?